Friday, January 11, 2008

first steps


everyone keeps asking if riley is walking yet (and her father is the most impatient about this milestone), so i thought i'd better update. riley CAN take a few steps on her own. tonight she took SEVEN before she lunged into my arms. sadly, though, riley does not particularly like walking independently. she prefers holding onto someone's hand. she's faster this way. in fact, walking while holding onto one finger is now riley's favorite passtime.

i have not been able to catch on camera the precious steps, though, so i included another bathtime picture. i love riley's new hooded toddler bath towels! she can say "duck" now, by the way. it sounds like, "-uk."
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Melissa Greenfield said...

I didn't really walk on my own until I was something like 17 months. I always wanted to hold onto everything as well.

No I walk real good! Ha!